Sunday, January 30, 2011

Walker's Baptism


Bro. David Landerfeld baptized Walker. He's know him since he was a baby.



Walker with Nana and PopPop
and Bebe & Daddy Jim
Scott and I were so excited a few weeks ago when Walker asked Jesus to be his personal Lord and Savior. We had been praying for him for a while and were so happy when he made this important decision. Scott took him to meet with Bro. Forrest the next Sunday, and he made his public profession of faith on January 17.

Walker has really looking forward to getting baptized today. He met with Bro. Forrest again this morning in order to learn the importance of baptism. He was a little nervous as he waited to walk into the water, but he did wonderful! We were so happy that all of our family and many friends were able to be with us on this special day.

Scott and I are so thankful that Walker has asked Jesus into his heart at such an early age. He has such a sweet compassionate spirit, and we know that God has big plans for his precious life. We look forward to seeing how Walker glorifies God each day of his life. We pray that God will guide us and we raise him to know and love Him

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live,
but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body,
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galations 2:20

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Walker how proud I am of him! What a big decision. He is growing into such a wonderful young Christian man. I feel so blessed to have been a part of his life. Blessings to you all!!!
(Ms Cole)

Leigh Ann said...

It was such a special day! We are so proud of Walker's decision!!