Monday, August 25, 2008

Paint, Paint, Everywhere!

This table was in Walker's room but is being repainted to go in Anna Grace's. Needless to say, a blue table would not work well in a pink and green room. The kids were so excited to get to paint and didn't mind helping with the sanding first. I learned that when you turn a 7 year old and a 4 year old loose to paint a table, you have to expect paint in more places than just the table! Even though I put them in huge shirts, they ended up with paint on their feet, legs, arms and hair! But we had a great time working on this project together. I was planning to put on the 2nd coat tonight, but there is just one problem . . . now Anna Grace wants it green!

5 comments:

Gaston Family said...

That is too cute!! They are both such great painters...do you think they could help me with my next project? You know...you could do green/pink stripes or polka dots on the table for a little punch. Just a thought. I hope you had a good day and have a great week!!
Love you,
Kris

Sydney said...

The stripes or polka dots are a great idea. With the kids doing the painting, it probably will have some stripes! We painted it green tonight which does look better. I may go back and add some fun details. I'll be glad to rent them out to you for your next project! Love you!

Sydney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leigh Ann said...

Looks like fun!

Shae said...

Hey Sydney...yep they grow up too fast. We love Mrs. J, even though MG was only there for 4 days before her surgery. I know that she will be great,she seems like a lot of fun! Great blog!

Shae